Sunday 10 August 2014

Being Kind

Being Kind

Every day, I try to do something kind, for no return other than the pleasure I get from kindness itself,.
 
These gestures can be tiny, "that is a lovely top you are wearing", they can be larger, donations to a cause that catches my eye, or more likely my heart strings, the more personal the story the more likely I am to be touched.
 
Is there ever a truly selfless act I wonder, I think not, for me there is a lot of joy in lifting the spirits of another, by a simple kind word or gesture.
 
I fell in love with my husband, because he was kind and his support enables me to spread a little of that love around, because in this family of ours, there is plenty of it to share.
 
Helping others helps me, its as simple as that, there is no "meaning" to what happened to our family, but I feel that by rising from it a stronger, better and more loving person, then it has at least provided some positivity to me.
 
Having almost been destroyed to rise a more loving, more selfless, more generous and more kind person, rather than a bitter, twisted parody of who I used to be, that means everything to me.
 
And I see this kindness reflected in my children, who I have been told are light workers, as I am told am I.
 
My DS will say to another child, "Thank you for sharing so nicely", DD will say to someone "You look very beautiful today" and then they will proudly announce their gesture to me. And when they address this to an adult, you can usually see the smile light up the recipients face.
 
Their kindness and their innocence and generosity of spirit makes me want to scoop them up and take them to a place where I can protect them from discovering that actually the world isn't always a kind place.
 
But then I think, that with people like them growing in it - maybe one day it can be.
 
So my friends, spread some kindness and some love, it is never going to hurt you to do so, but it reaps enormous benefits, and it is good to make people smile, if only for a moment.
 
If everyone did this, imagine what a more joyful place our world could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment